The Easter season provides a fantastic opportunity for you to create a whole range of home made crafts with which you can decorate your home and which you can give to your friends and your family members. There are lots of different Easter crafts out there that you can create with your children, and more difficult ones that you can do on your own or that you can help your older children do. There are Easter crafts that range from religiously themed Easter crafts to more springtime focused themes, such as chicks, lambs, and bunnies.
This particular Easter craft is one of the latter types of Easter crafts. With just a very little amount of time and a little bit of experience with crocheting, you can easily create this absolutely adorable little magnet that will spruce up your home or your friends and families’ homes this upcoming Easter season. If you have kids who have some experience with making crocheted crafts, then this will be an excellent option for them to do as well.
Directions for crocheted Easter bunny magnet
Materials needed for crocheted Easter bunny magnet
1. A small amount of worsted weight yarn (either cream, or ecru, or white)
2. A small amount of worsted weight pink yarn
3. A small amount of worsted weight yarn in a darker color
4. A crochet hook. The hook needs to be size F.
5. Two wobbly eyes (can find these at a craft store; you need the ones that measure 5/8” in diameter)
6. One colored pompom
7. One ribbon of your desired color, 14” in length and ½” in width
8. Glue (of the type that you normally use for crafts; a hot glue gun works particularly well)
9. A magnet
10. A tapestry needle
Directions for creating a crocheted Easter bunny magnet
For the head: use white, ecru, or cream worsted weight yarn
For Round 1: Ch 4; 15 dc in 4th ch from hook; join with a slip st to top of first ch 4: 16 dc.
For Round 2: Ch 3, (counts as first dc), dc in same st; * 2 dc in next dc; repeat from * around; join with a slip st to first dc: 32 dc. Fasten off, secure ends.
For the first ear: use pink worsted weight yarn
Row 1: Attach yarn to any dc on the bunny’s head; Ch 1, sc in same st, sc in next 2 dc; ch 1, turn work: 3 sc.
Row 2: 2 sc in same st, sc in next sc, 2 sc in last sc; ch 1, turn work: 5 sc.
Row 3: sc in each sc across; ch 1, turn work: 5 sc.
Row 4: skip first sc, sc in next 2 sc, dec over last 2 sc; ch 1, turn work: 3 sc.
Row 5: Skip first sc, sc in next 2 sc; ch 1, turn work: 2 sc.
Row 6: Dec over last 2 sc. Fasten off, secure ends.
For the opposite ear: use pink worsted weight yarn
Skip 2 dc on bunny head from first ear, attach yarn to next dc. Follow the same instructions for the first bunny ear rows 1-6.
Edging: use white, cream or ecru worsted weight yarn
1. Attach the yarn to the last unworked dc on bunny head before ear; ch 1, sc in same st, evenly sc around bunny ear, placing 3 sc in tip of ear, sc in next 2 dc, sc evenly around next ear, placing 3 sc in tip of ear, sc in each dc around head.; join with a slip st in first sc. Fasten off, secure ends.
1. Glue 2 5/8” eyes and the pompom to the face of the bunny.
2. Cut 6 very small strips of yarn from any color yarn you desire for whiskers. Glue 3 strips of yarn to each side of the nose.
3. Tie a bow with a ribbon and then glue the ribbon to the bottom edge of the face.
4. Glue the magnets to the back of the bunny.