The Easter season is a fantastic time to make crafts with your kids and for your kids. You can make all sorts of crafts with different themes, from religious Easter themes to cute and fun springtime themes featuring chicks, ducks, and, of course, rabbits. This particular Easter craft is incredibly easy to make, and it’s a great craft for you to make with younger children, since it is not particularly difficult. This is a paper basket that you can put candy in or that you can put Easter grass in in order to decorate your house for the Easter season. So get your kids together, and sit down to make this Easter paper bunny basket!
Instructions for making a paper bunny basket for the Easter season
Materials for making a paper bunny basket
1. Heavy paper, such as cardstock
2. Materials for decorating—markers, crayons, colored pencils, glitter, and so on and so forth
5. Extra paper for a handle if you want to make a basket, a popsicle stick if you want to make a puppet, a string if you want to make a hat.
Directions for making your paper bunny basket
1. Draw a rabbit face on the paper. Remember that you are going to be bringing the edges of this paper together in order to form a cone, so make sure that you center the face on the middle of the paper and experiment with how your rabbit is going to look by constantly bringing the edges of the paper together in order to see how it is going to look.
2. Cut out rabbit ears to glue on the top of the rabbit face.
3. Color the face and the ears as desired. You can do this however you would like—use glitter and sparkles, if you want to.
4. Now either glue the ears on to the top of the bunny, or tape the ears on to the top of the bunny.
5. Now draw eyes onto the face, or cut out a nose and some eyes and glue them onto the face.
6. Now glue together the edges of the pieces of paper so that you have formed a cone. Bend the teeth and the ears so that they are appropriately angled to the rest of the cone.
7. If you are making a basket, then make sure that the holes are completely covered. Glue the handle onto the top of the basket. If you are making a puppet, then glue the popsicle stick onto the bottom of the cone so that you can have a puppet.