Marie Antoinette (1755-1793) was born into Austrian royalty, the youngest daughter of Emperor Francis I and Maria Theresa. As a young teen, she married the grandson of Louis XV, and became Queen of France at the age of nineteen. Here are some of the hundreds of portraits of her during her reign as Queen.
Choose a painting to begin.
- Marie Antoinette with Rose. 1783. by Vigee Le Brun, Versailles
- Portrait of Marie Antoinette. by Alexandre Kucharski, France
- Marie Antoinette Walking in the Versailles Park with her Children, Louis Charles and Madame Royale. by Adolf Ulrich WertmÃ¼ller, 1785
- Portrait of Marie Antoinette. by Alexandre Kucharski, after the portrait by Elisabeth VigÃ©e Le Brun for the MinistÃ©re des Affaires EntrangÃ©res 1785
- Marie Antoinette, the Archduke Maximilian and Louis XVI. by Joseph Hauzinger, 1775/77, Kunsthistorisches Museum, Wien
- Marie Antoinette in Hunting Dress. by Adolf Ulrich WertmÃ¼ller, 1788, Versailles
- Marie-Antoinette by Elizabeth Vigee Le Brun, 1783.
- Portrait of Marie Antoinette 1786. Portrait by Elisabeth VigÃ©e Le Brun.