In this post, Lauren Davis (Senior Editor, Eye On Education) talks about some of the 400 new words that were just added to the Concise Oxford English Dictionary! She also brings up great ideas for teaching students about vocabulary trends.
September 18, 2011 -- Submitted by TheFreeDictionary Team, a reader from Huntingdon Valley, PA, who is affiliated with the site.
TheFreeDictionary.com is the world’s most comprehensive reference site. Here’s a snapshot of some of the entirely free content at TheFreeDictionary.com:
– A dictionary and thesaurus with multiple authoritative sources from some of the most trusted names in publishing.
– Specialty dictionaries, including medical, legal, financial and computer terms.
– Several encyclopedias.
– Dictionaries for more than a dozen languages, as well as a translation tool for more than 40 languages.
– A literature and periodical reference library.
– Fresh daily content, including “Word of the Day,” “This Day in History,” “Today’s Birthday,” and more.
– Games, including Spelling Bee with audio pronunciation and multiple difficulty levels.
May 31, 2008 -- From Keli We, a parent, from US, who is affiliated with the site.
Online English dictionary offering thesaurus, definitions, synonyms and sample sentences.
April 30, 2008 -- From Keli, a teacher, from Istanbul, who is not affiliated with the site.
English Dictionary offers thesaurus, definitions, synonyms and sample sentences.
December 13, 2007 -- From Ben, a reader, from Sydney, Australia, who is affiliated with the site.
Zebra Words offers an easy to use dictionary and thesaurus with results from a number of reputable sources.
November 1, 2007 -- From Yigal Ben Efraim, a reader, from Israel, who is affiliated with the site.
The ultimate acronyms and abbreviations source on the net.
May 9, 2007 -- From Ben, a reader, from Sydney Australia, who is affiliated with the site.
Easy to use dictionary and thesaurus with exceptional content drawn from multiple well-known sources.