Would you like to change your Facebook name? You actually can change your Facebook name, but you are not allowed to change your name to anything vulgar or Facebook will remove you from the site. This article will guide you through the process of changing your Facebook name.
Why would I want to change my Facebook name?
There are a number of reasons why people want to change their Facebook name, usually it is because they have gotten married and they have changed their name. You might also want to change your name to include your maiden name in your profile page and in the search engine results so people can find you. Reconnecting with people from your past is part of the fun of Facebook and if your old pals don’t know your new name, it may be hard for them to find you. Maybe you are concerned about your privacy and you would like to take an extra step to protect yourself online. By changing your Facebook name, you can just use an initial for your first or last name. This will make it harder for people to find you, but some people don’t want to be found online.
What options can I choose from?
When it comes to picking a new Facebook name, you can literally pick anything you would like. However your name cannot be vulgar or inappropriate or Facebook will reject it. They will even delete your account if they feel that your new name is inappropriate. Facebook does not like to see people change their names a lot because this usually means the account is owned by a spammer. They have placed restrictions on how many times you can change your name, which is usually 1-2 times a year.
How do I change my Facebook name?
Once you have selected a new name, you can go through the simple process of changing your name. Here are the steps you need to follow to change your Facebook name:
1. Sign into your Facebook account
2. Click on “Account” in the upper right hand side of the Facebook profile or home page area.
3. The Account menu will open up into a drop down and you can click on “account settings.”
4. Click on “change” under the NAME section on the settings page.
5. You will see your current Facebook name and you can add a middle name or change your name however you would like. Then you can choose how you would like to have your Facebook name displayed. You can display your full name, your last name and then your first name or just your first and last name.
6. Click on “change name” to have the settings go into effect. You can also include an alternate name to make it easier for people to find you in the search feature.
The one thing you need to know is Facebook doesn’t like to have you change your name all the time so once you change it once, you may not be able to change it again for several months. Pick your name carefully so you are not stuck with an embarrassing name for several months.
While you are on the account settings page, you can also change other things like your work information, high school and college information, and you have the option to set your privacy settings. This way you can make your page private so no one else can see your information besides your friends. Just know when you limit your availability to Facebook, some of your old pals won’t be able to search for you and find your page.