Finding ways to remove spyware from a computer is becoming more and more common today. With so many different types of spyware on the Internet it’s important to find a spyware blocker that works for your computer needs. But just how much do spyware blockers cost? Let’s take a look at some anti-spyware software and see how much it’s going to cost you to install it and how well they work.
Paid Spyware blockers
- Webroot Spy Sweeper, PC tools spyware, and Sunbelt CounterSpy: These anti-spyware software programs are all effective at detecting and removing spyware as well as adware from your computer. They performed much better than free programs that you can download from the Internet, however they were not able to get all of the spyware off the computer. Spy Sweeper will cost you about $25 and was by far the best out of the three for removing spyware. Webroot Spy Sweeper also sells an antivirus software that will cost around $45; PC tools Spyware Doctor is $30; CounterSpy will run you about $20.
- Panda Internet Security 2008: This is a security suite with spyware prevention. It is also bundled with antivirus and a firewall protection. It is one of the best types of software available for virus and spyware protection. This software program will cost you about $40.
- Anti-Spyware: This software programs will let you request a professional spyware removal procedure if you want it, comes with professional support and guarantees a successful removal of all spyware on your computer. It doesn’t get much clearer than that and the best part about it is that it will only cost you $19.95.
- Spyware Blocker: Spyware blocker will detect several different types of spyware like Trojan’s, adware, keyloggers, and trackware. Some of the antivirus products out there do not offer this kind of spyware protection. This software program will cost you $25.95.
- Netgate Internet Security: This is a complete security program that protects against the most serious internet threats including spyware, malware, viruses, hijackers, and even spam. This little software program however will cost you a fair bit more than the two previous mentioned; $49.95.
Free Spyware Blockers
If for some reason you don’t have the money or just don’t want to pay for spyware blockers you can find some free ones on the Internet. Keep in mind though that when you get something for free it’s not going to work as well as the ones you pay for. Here are a couple to choose from:
- Lavasoft Ad-aware: This software program is a good supplement to an anti-spyware program as it doesn’t offer real time or scheduled scans.
- Spybot Search and Destroy: Spybot will detect and remove spyware from your computer but misses some of the malware that commercial software programs can find. It does however modify Internet Explorer to block malware from predators; also requires manual updates and scans.
So you can see that some spyware blockers can run you about $10 and work fairly well, whereas the ones that cost around $30-$40 might get more of the spyware, malware, and other viruses. Now that you have a better idea of what’s out there you can make a better decision.