This 3-D star is easy to make for all ages and is a great idea for a centerpiece or decorative item for the top of a child’s school desk.
• A thicker paper, such as card stock or a thin cardboard, or Styrofoam meat trays
• Crayons or markers for decorating
• Cut out two paper stars of the same shape. You may want to trace a pattern for this.
• Decorate the two stars on both sides. If you desire, you can leave them undecorated.
• Next, make one slit in each star. On the first star, make the slit from an inner corner to the center point of the star. On the other star, make it from an outer corner to the center point.
• Slip the two stars together through the slits. If they are not stable, you can tape them.