Watching a romantic classic movie is a great way to finish off a Valentine’s Day. However, finding the perfect romantic movie can be a challenge. The following is a list of romantic classic movies that are perfect for Valentine’s Day:
The following 2 movies are two of the most classic romantic movies you will ever see.
· Casablanca (1942)-This is a romantic classic that has every element necessary for a love story to be told over the ages. It stars the ever dashing, and completely handsome Humphrey Bogart and the beautiful, lady like Ingrid Bergman.
· An Affair to Remember (1957)-This romantic movie is often referenced in other movies. It is the story of love and the struggle to overcome obstacles. In this film, Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr fall in love, and agree to meet atop the Empire State Building.
The next 2 movies are animated classics, and are as romantic as any other movie. They show unlikely love forming, and the ability to overcome obstacles to achieve true love.
· Beauty and the Beast (1991)- Beauty and the Beast is a Disney movie that shows a love story that spans the ages. It is a story that shows how love can spark up in some of the most unlikely of places, and forms despite the individuals involved not wanting it.
· The Lady and The Tramp (1955)- This is a story of two dogs, one from a wealthy home that cares for and loves her. The other a stray that lives on the street. It is again a story of unlikely love blossoming in the most unusual of places.
The following 2 romantic films show love forming despite economic differences.
· Titanic (1997)-Titanic stars Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet. They are both aboard the Titanic. Kate is a wealthy aristocrat, and Leonardo a peasant. This is an epic love story.
· Pretty Woman (1990)-This film stars Richard Gere and Julia Roberts. Richard is a high society businessman, and Julia a Hollywood Boulevard hooker. They fall in love in such unusual circumstances, it is an enjoyable film.
The following 4 films are all romantic movies that appeal to various ages and interests-
· Top Gun (1986)-This movie stars Tom Cruise as a handsome, cocky pilot and Kelly McGillis, as his adept and attractive instructor. It is full of action and fun.
· Romancing the Stone (1984)- This story features Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. Michael is a treasure seeking adventurer, and Kathleen a romance novelist from the city. They decide to go on a quest together, unlikely knowing that the treasure they would find is that of true love.
· The Notebook (2004)-This film stars Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling. It is the story of a shared chemistry that can’t keep two lovers apart despite time and distance.
· When Harry Met Sally (1989)- When Harry Met Sally stars Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan. The two explore whether a man and a woman can be platonic friends. It is funny and cute.