When buying a Valentine’s Day gift for him, it can be difficult because men are not as interested in the sentimental stuff, and chocolates and flowers don’t really work. The following are a few ideas for gifts that he will enjoy. Of course, take the man in question into consideration beforehand, as he may not like a gift that another man would, simply because his interests vary.
1. Weekend getaway- Everyone loves a vacation. One of the best gifts you can get someone for Valentine’s Day is more time to spend with you. So, book a couple nighter to his favorite spot. If he loves to golf, look for somewhere with a few different courses. If he loves the nightlife, look for something in Vegas, or somewhere with a great nightlife. The idea is to choose a destination that most appeals to his interests.
2. Lingerie- a gift you can both enjoy. Men can appreciate a gift that is for both of you. Buy some sexy lingerie, and wrap yourself. It is Valentine’s Day, which is the day of love and intimacy, so why not give him the gift of some intimacy? This gift is best given in addition to other gifts.
3. Tickets- Men are not as big on clothes or beauty products as women, so this often limits the gift options, but men tend to love events, and tickets are a great gift. You can get them sporting event tickets if they love sports. You can get tickets to a concert if they love music. You can get tickets to exhibits or museums if they are interested in that kind of thing. Again, consider their interests, and choose tickets that will fit what they like. This is an especially great Valentine’s Day gift because it is giving them a pre-set date with you, to spend more time together, doing something he loves.
4. Video games- Men are usually boys at heart, and most guys like video games. They may use different systems, or may like computer better than XBox, etc. but most men appreciate some kind of digital game. So, while not the most romantic gift ever, a video game, or game related item is a gift that shows you care about what they enjoy, and want them to spend time doing something they love, even if it means sitting in front of a television screen shooting at zombies.
5. Memberships- Memberships make great Valentine’s Day gifts because they are something that last throughout the year, and have more use. A membership to a gym, a club, a museum, park, or something else can be a great gift. If he loves the ocean, a membership to a nearby aquarium could be an awesome gift. If he loves to workout, a membership to a gym or recreation center could benefit him all year.