Is Google Play Music now free? Yes! Partially.
In an effort to compete with free streaming music apps like Spotify, Pandora, and Apple Music, Google now has free music channels as part of its Google Play Music service. Free music stations will be supported by Google’s huge ad network of display and video ads. Google Play Music can be accessed in a browser, or via an iOS and Android app.
The free apps provide:
* Curated radio channels
* Storage for up to 50,000 songs from your personal music collection
* Recommendations based on your taste
Paying subscribers will also get:
* Ad-free listening
* On-demand direct access to over 30 million songs (in addition to the curated radio channels)
* Ability to download music and listen offline
* Option to skip as many songs as you like