Spyware has definitely made a name for itself as one of the most dangerous types of software found on the Internet today. With the capability to pretty much install itself onto any computer’s operating system without the user’s knowledge, it can do so do some pretty dangerous things. Luckily, we have some fairly good anti-spyware software and spyware blockers out there to offset the increasing number of spyware programs out there. But how effective are spyware blockers really?
There are basically two different options when it comes to spyware blockers and anti-spyware software:
1. Free software that you can download from the Internet
2. Paid software that you can get from a home office or computer store
There are obviously several different programs available to users and depending on the spyware problem will really depend on whether or not the spyware blocker is effective and how effective it is. The best way to figure out if a spyware blocker will be effective for your problem and your computer is to read some up-to-date reviews on anti-spyware and anti-virus software programs. Most will generally do the same thing, but there are some that you can buy that are designed for more specific problems in mind. And then you have to think about price. Since some of the available software is free you won’t have to pay anything, but keep in mind that most of the free software won’t do as good of a job as the paid software. Or if it’s free it’s because they want you to buy their software and the free version will only last for a limited time. Free isn’t always free. If you have a really serious spyware problem then purchasing a software program is your best bet and probably the most effective way of completely ridding your operating system of the spyware. Here are some choices when it comes to free and paid spyware blockers:
Most effective free spyware blockers
- Spyware Blocker 5.0.3- This particular software program will detect and remove spyware, adware, Trojan horses, trackware, and keyloggers. It’s easy to use and will scan running memory processes, quarantine and restore removed items and can get many of the sources that anti-virus software programs will miss. Not too bad for free.
- Sunbelt CounterSpy- This is a popular type of spyware removal program that is also one of the more powerful free ones out there. It works fast and hard on your computer, but not on your operating system. It scans fairly fast, updates daily, and completely covers and protects your computer from spyware.
- Webroot Spy Sweeper with anti-virus- If you’re looking for a virus remover and a software program that will effectively remove spyware this is it. It can remove spyware and virus in one single scan. It can also detect other things such as malware, adware, rootkit technology, and keyloggers. This has been rated as one of the best free spyware blockers out there today.
Most effective paid spyware blockers
- Netgate Internet Security- This is a complete protection program and will cost around $40; worth every penny however. This software will get any and all types of spyware, malware, virus, hacker, and many other dangerous spyware programs out there that can harm your system. It was built to detect even the newest and unknown internet threats.
- Panda Internet Security 2008- This software program costs around $40 also and is a security suite with spyware prevention. It is bundled with virus protection, firewall protection and spyware protection and removal. It is also one the top spyware blockers on the market today.
Depending on your problem and what you’re dealing with will depend on which of these software programs will be the most effective spyware blockers for your computer. If you decide to purchase software the two listed above have good ratings and have been worth the money spent. If not, then choose wisely when it comes to free software as some is much better than others.