There are so many different possibilities you can do when you decide to work with wood. From furniture to home decor, wood crafts can be found literally all over the world. Let’s take a look at some different types of wood crafts, wood craft ideas and projects, and some of the best places to sell your wood crafts at.
Different types of wood crafts
There are basically two ways or types of wood craft you can make or buy. You can buy an unfinished wood craft or you can make one from scratch. Unfinished wood crafts can be found in craft stores, specialty wood stores, and sometimes even places like Wal Mart or Target in their crafting and sewing section.
An unfinished wood craft is a wood craft that has already been cut or carved, but left unfinished or unpainted. If you go into a craft store they usually have an entire section of unfinished crafts from small to large furniture to wall hangings like magnet boards. They usually will have a ton of seasonal items as well. The great thing about unfinished wood crafts is that the hard work is done; now you just get to decorate it to match your home decor.
If you would rather make or build something from scratch you can do that also but it will require much more time, patience, and of course skill. This is not to say that you have to be an experienced wood worker to make anything, it just means that you have to start out simple and work your way up.
Wood Craft Ideas
There are millions of ideas out there to choose from when it comes to wood crafts. If you are building something with wood you can literally make anything you want, as long it is within your skill level. If you are using unfinished wood crafts to decorate then the possibilities are virtuously endless as well. Here are some ideas for wood crafts:
• Kids love making crafts just as much as adults, but sometimes it can be a challenge finding something on a child’s level when it comes to wood work. Although you may not think of Popsicle sticks and toothpicks as wood they are, and kids can make some cool art with them. You can make stick puppets, houses of all sorts, and three dimensional pictures.
• Seasonal Items are also popular when it comes to using wood. You can make ornaments, wall hangings, yard decor, and wood signs to hang in your home that has to do with every season of the year. Go into any craft store and you will probably find exactly what you’re looking for.
• Home decor is another idea to use wood with. There have been some intricate pieces of furniture made to match a home decor, as well as simpler pieces to accent things.
Selling your wood crafts
If you get really good at working with wood you might want to think about selling some of your pieces but aren’t sure where to start. Here are a couple of ideas on where you can sell your wood crafts and perhaps make a small profit:
• Craft Fairs and boutiques are one of the best places to take your new product that you have created. Not only is it a great place to introduce your product but it’s also a great place to get some new ideas. There are craft fairs all over the country you can get involved in this just may be where you hit gold.
• The Internet is another resource when it comes to selling. The best part about using the internet and having your own website is that it gives people all over the world access to your wood craft product. You can reach millions of people just by the click of a button.
When it comes to wood crafts, the possibilities of building your own, finding and finishing unfinished wood crafts and selling them are endless. Have fun getting started.