Your kids will love making this snowman out of Styrofoam balls.
Supplies (for each snowman)
• Three Styrofoam balls in incremental sizes (the best sizes to use are a 3-inch, a 2 Â½ inch, and a 2-inch one.)
• Four toothpicks
• Mini black pom-poms
• Orange pipe cleaner (and optional brown or black for arms)
• Felt strips or ribbon
• Tacky glue
1. Even off the bottom of the largest Styrofoam ball so the snowman can stand up. This will be the bottom of your snowman.
2. Push a toothpick halfway into the top of the largest ball, making sure the flat end is on the table.
3. Insert the medium sized ball directly on top of the toothpick so it is in line with the bottom one.
4. Push a toothpick into the middle of the medium sized ball. Make sure that it is far enough down that it will not poke through the top of the snowman’s head.
5. Push the smallest Styrofoam ball on top of the toothpick. You now have a snowman.
6. Cut a short piece of orange pipe cleaner for the nose and insert into the middle of the snowman’s head. You can also glue it.
7. Glue on or tie ribbon for the scarf.
8. Glue on pom poms for eyes, mouth, and buttons.
9. Use two toothpicks or brown or black pipe cleaners as arms.
These are just a few kid friendly winter crafts your kids or students are sure to enjoy.