Winter is the perfect time to introduce kids to winter crafts. Whether you need projects for your students or you need to give your kids something to do on snow days or winter vacation, these are a few winter crafts that are perfect for kids to do.
These wreaths are made from kids’ own hands and are easy to make.
What You’ll Need:
• Green construction paper
• Red construction paper or a red ribbon (for the bow)
• Glitter or glitter glue (optional)
• Paper plates (optional)
Instructions for the Project:
- Start by tracing the child’s hand on a piece of green construction paper, then cut it out. You will need about 10 of these for each wreath.
- Glue the hand prints together in a wreath shape, with the fingers pointing out. Make sure the wrists overlap a bit. You can also cut a hole in the middle of paper plates and have the kids glue their hands to the plates themselves. This is an easier modification for younger children.
- Glue a ribbon to the wreath, or you can make them from construction paper.
- Decorate the wreath with glitter or anything else you want.