If you love to craft, winter is a perfect time to make a wide range of crafts for gifts or decor. When it’s too cold to go out and do anything, staying in and making crafts is a great way to keep yourself entertained and be creative at the same time.
Here are a few winter craft ideas.
Snow globes are a classic winter decoration! These snow globes are made from baby food jars or other types of jars you may have can be used to. These are a great craft that can be personalized and made as gifts as well. You can purchase the materials at any craft store.
• Baby food jars (or any other type of jar with a lid) in a medium or large size.
• Florist clay
• Small figurine such as a snowman, a child’s favorite character, a reindeer, or anything else. Make sure the figurine is made of a material that won’t deteriorate in the water.
• White and silver glitter or fake snow
• Hot glue gun or aquarium sealing glue
• Ribbon or felt (optional)
• Garland plastic greenery (optional)
1. Wash and dry the jar and lid thoroughly.
2. Using the florist clay, attach the figurine to the inside of the jar lid. If the object is very small, you can make it appear taller by using extra clay. Attach any of the optional objects to the side (this includes greenery like fake trees or other figures.)
3. Fill the jar with water, leaving Â½ inch at the top. Make sure you use cold water, as warm water is more prone to clouding. You can use filtered or bottled water if your tap is cloudy.
4. Sprinkle a small amount of glitter or snow into the water. How much you use will depend on how large your jar is.
5. Next, line the inside of the lid with hot glue and screw the lid on. Make sure you dry the water around the lid if any spilled or dripped along the sides. Then apply a layer of hot glue around the rim to keep it sealed. (You can also use aquarium sealer for this)
6. Allow the globe to dry overnight.
7. Decorate the rim of the lid once everything has dried. This is where the optional ribbon, felt, and garland come in. Be creative! You can use ribbon, berries, holly, or anything else you want to personalize the globe.