Winter is the perfect time to make winter crafts. This is a great way to get excited for the upcoming season and to prepare for the holidays. Winter crafts are perfect for projects for children, for decorating your home, or just a perfect time to craft if crafting is one of your hobbies.
For beginner’s, children, or people who don’t have a lot of time to craft, the following are some easy to make winter crafts that are perfect for winter.
Santa Claus clay pot
Clay pots can be used for many different kinds of crafts, and this little Santa made from a clay pot is a great holiday winter craft for anyone to do.
* 3-Inch Clay Pot
* 1-Inch Clay Pot
* 1-Inch Wooden Head Bead
* Paint in various colors (white, red, black, green, etc.)
* White, curly pipe cleaner
* Red pipe cleaner
* ½ -inch white pompom
1. Make sure the pot is clean of dust and dirt by wiping clean or by washing.
2. Paint the 3-inch clay pot red with a white stripe around the center for Santa’s body. Then paint the bottom section of the 1-inch clay pot red, and then paint the raised top edge white for Santa’s hat.
3. Turn the pot bottom side up and glue the wooden bead head onto the clay pot to cover the hole. Use paint or markers to draw a face onto the wooden ball. Cut 2-inch length from the white, curly chenille stem, for a beard.
4. Glue it onto the wooden bead head for Santa’s beard. Glue the center of the chenille stem just below the mouth you drew and wrap each edge up along the side of the head.
5. Glue the 1-inch clay pot you painted on top of the wooden head as Santa’s hat, covering the ends of the chenille stem. Glue the white pompom on top of the hat.
6. For Santa’s arms, cut two 3 inch pieces from the red pipe cleaner and glue them towards the top edge of the clay pot body.
Leave a Reply