Do you need a rainy day activity to participate in with your children? A simple way to create a fun afternoon for your kids is by grabbing some duct tape and creating some unique things. It’s easy to make jewelry, wallets, flowers, bookmarks, and even hats out of duct tape. The process of getting duct tape to work and create a unique thing is very simple. Here are some fun duct tape crafts along with tips on how to create the unique things.
Duct Tape Flower
This can be done by the beginner but you can transform it into a very impressive flower that has flower petals and even thorns on the stem. Create the flower based on the difficultly level of your children. This basically means for your young kids you need to stick to a 2D cut out flower versus a complete 3D version of a flower. To make a unique duct tape flower, follow these instructions:
- Cut out equal strips of about 2 inches from duct tape. You will want to have a few strips, about 4 to start is a good amount.
- Place the strips down and keep the sticky side of the duct tape up. Fold an edge of the duct tape over itself and leave excess so it’s sticky on the top and now on the bottom.
- Take the parallel edge and then fold it over itself. This now means the only sticky part is the strip that you folded over.
- Do this to all the various pieces of duct tape that you have cut into strips and then you will need to bind the strips together in a clutch. Use a little extra duct tap to bind together all of the stems. Once you do this, the excess sticky strips are now the petals on the flower
- To create unique petals you can cut some out with various colors of duct tape and then sticking them to the sticky sections of the flower
Leave a Reply