With the 4th of July coming up and school out, there are plenty of ways you can keep your kids entertained while there’s no school and have fun preparing to celebrate the birth of our nation.
The following are 3 easy 4th of July crafts that kids will have fun doing. Each of these crafts are safe to make, but some of the steps should be handled or at least supervised by an adult.
Fourth of July Wreath
This wreath is easy and safe for kids to make and requires nothing more than items you already have around the house.
• Red, white and blue construction paper
• Paper plate
• Glue or glue stick
• Optional glitter
1. Cut out a number of stars from the red, white, and blue construction paper. You may need to make a pattern or use star-shaped cookie cutters to trace around as a guide. For the best results, cut varying shapes of stars.
2. Cut out the center of the plate so it resembles a wreath.
3. If you like, you can decorate the stars with glitter by sprinkling glitter over a thin layer of glue. In addition, you can write the kids’ names on the stars, or names of soldiers you may know.
4. Once you have decorated your stars, glue them onto the paper plate.
Leave a Reply