What You’ll Need:
- Items that will make nice sounds when they collide
- Nail or hole punch
- String or nylon thread
- Colorful plastic lid
- Non-toxic liquid glue
Instructions for the Project:
- First you need to go on a treasure hunt (either at home or out in nature) to find items that will make nice noises when they collide together. Some ideas are seashells, beads, bells, stones, etc.
- For thin items you are going to want to punch a hole through the top of the item either using the hole punch or the nail. After punching the hole you are going to want to thread the string or nylon thread through the hole and tie a knot above the hole to secure the item into place.
- For the heavier objects you are going to want to warp the item around the object a few time and rub non-toxic liquid glue over the string to hold it in place, allow the glue to thoroughly dry.
- Take your plastic lid (which is going to be the top of the wind chime) and poke holes along the edges and middle of the lid. Then pull the pieces of string or nylon thread through each hole and secure it in place with a knot (the objects should be attached to the string or nylon thread before you do this).
- After attaching all of the items you want to punch two holes in the center of the lid and loop a piece of string through both holes. Then tie a knot with the two ends so that you can hang your wind chime.
Leave a Reply