- Large piece of paper
- Crayons, paint or markers
- Red paint
When tracing the hand make sure that all of the fingers are spread out. The reason for this is that your fingers are going to be the branches of the tree and the forearm is going to be the trunk of the tree.
Directions for this project:
- On the large piece of paper the first thing that you are going to need to do is to trace either your hand and forearm or your child’s hand and forearm, but both of them need to be traced all the way up to the elbow.
- Now color in the tracing with a brown crayon, paint or marker
- Next you should use a marker or crayon to draw leaves onto your tree
- After drawing in the leaves you are going to want to color in the leaves. You can color them in green or yellow depending on what time of year you want the tree to be in.
- Next pour some red paint onto a paper paint
- Now dip your finger into the red paint and then make fingerprints along the tree branches, these are the apples for the apple tree. You can also make green or yellow apples to give your tree some kind of a variety.