Decorating a teen’s room can be so fun with all the different available ideas, styles and products. Teen bedroom craft ideas can go from the bed to the dresser to the desk to the walls. There are many ideas out there for teens to use in their bedrooms. Many are very simple to make, you just need a little glue and fun trimmings. Others will take some time and experience. Whatever the craft is for a teen’s bedroom, make sure it is a craft with the teen’s taste in mind.
Here are 5 great teen bedroom craft ideas.
1. Paint the walls and possibly the ceiling. This is one of the bigger crafts, but it can add a lot of character to the bedroom. Don’t paint just one color; try a wall painting, or maybe a sponged or textured look. The painted walls can lead the theme or feeling of a teen’s bedroom. Make it specific to the teens’ preferences and this time consuming craft will be worth it.
Painted walls can include favorite sports teams or a favorite activity that the teen enjoys. A wall painting can be a mascot, or a team symbol, like what is on ball caps. Activities can include painted bookshelves for those that like to read. Or maybe some music notes for the teen that has a love for music. Getting two colors and texturing the walls with paint can enable any type of style to be displayed throughout the room.
2. Make a corkboard or a message board. This is a great place for teens to put up their friends’ phone numbers, email addresses, and pictures. A board can be made out of cork that has been painted and then hung. It can be smaller pieces of cork added together to make the size wanted, or it can be one large piece of cork that has a border around it. Any way it’s done a corkboard is fun and can be added to with little work.
3. Many teens these days like candles in their rooms. Make some bedroom crafts using simple candles. Make some candleholders that are just what the teen wanted. Putting some beads on wire around a glass candleholder can give some added pizzazz to a teen’s bedroom.
To make a crafty candleholder, take some wire and sting the beads onto the wire long enough to go all the way around many times. Keep the beaded wire going until the holder is covered from top to bottom. Beads for the candleholders should be colorful, patriotic, favorite team or school colors or anything else fun. Place the candles on top of a complimentary placemat or crafted coaster.
4. Teens also love electronics these days. Most teens have a cell phone, or at least an iPOD or MP3 player. A fun craft idea is to get a place that they can put their music. Get a wicker basket and add decorations to it so that the teen can display a nice looking craft instead of a stack of cds. If using a wicker basket it is easy to tie fun accents on or get a little wire to twist different ideas on around the basket.
5. Make some fun picture frames for a craft for a teen’s bedroom. Get a picture frame that is the size needed for the picture, or the picture and a mat around the picture. There are two easy ways to make a picture frame craft. The mat can be added to and personalized for the teen’s likes. Or the frame can be added to with personal favorites of the teen.
If making a craft idea out of the mat inside the frame, the frills and accessories will need to be thin to fit into the frame. They can include stickers, ribbon, foam stickers, stencils, fun paper, fabric or any number of things. Glue the accessories to the mat firmly and then put over the picture and in the frame.
If the frame is going to be decorated for the craft, use hot glue, or something that will hold the objects on very good. The outside of the frame can be decorated with almost anything. Sea shells, rocks, old barn wood, metal cut outs, and dried flowers are a few craft ideas to put on a picture frame to display a treasured photo in a teen’s bedroom.
Decorating a teen’s room with crafts can be a great way to get the teens’ personality into the room. Some teen craft ideas that can be adapted to almost any teen’s preferred style are; painted walls, corkboards, candleholders, wicker baskets, and picture frames. Enjoy the teen crafts and make the bedroom fit any teen’s personal style.