Crafts are meant to be enjoyable to do and affordable to make. Yet some people see crafts as needless and time consuming; for them, it simply makes more sense and, in their lives, is much more practical to buy something rather than making it themselves. Although there will always be crafts and projects that, as a novice crafter, you would be better off not attempting, there are also hundreds more crafts that are both fun and easy to do. Making crafts involves using reasoning and problem solving skills and, of course, creativity. There are many advantages to making crafts as a family and to teaching your children how it can be fun to make something for themselves and be proud of finishing a project that they started. Here are just a few examples of fun and easy crafts that you can do at home:
* Outdoor Crafts – Crafts that can be done outside are fun to do and very practical, especially if you want to introduce crafts to your children without messing up your house. Some great examples of crafts that you can do outdoors by yourself or with your children include: painting rocks, making wreaths, making crafts with seashells and building bird feeders, among others. All of these crafts are easy to make and the more complex crafts, like bird feeders, often come in all-inclusive kits.
* Recycled Crafts – A common theme among those who do crafts as a hobby is recycling. In fact, many crafts are created specifically with the intention of giving new life to something old. For example, you can turn old greeting cards into ornaments, book marks, mosaic pieces and even new greeting cards. Decorate old bottles and containers get new life as pencil or spoon holders or vessels for gifts of lotion, oil or other useful products.
* Beauty and Relaxation Crafts – Believe it or not there is a home recipe for just about every personal care product commercially available from toothpaste to pumice cream and everything in between. Candles, soaps and lotions can be made at home using everyday materials that you may already have in the house. While you may not think of yourself as particularly gifted when it comes to thinking creatively or being handy with crafts, these make-it-yourself craft recipes are easy enough for anyone to follow.
* Crafts as Gifts – Would you be willing to give a handcrafted gift to someone else? While many people would not have the confidence in their crafting ability to give someone else something they’ve created, some people create beautiful crafts that double as great gifts. There are plenty of simple, yet thoughtful and useful crafts that you can give to just about anyone. One simple idea is to fill a jar with the ingredients to a dried soup mix or a favorite cookie. A pretty bow or a festive material cover can turn an ordinary jar filled with ordinary ingredients into a thoughtful and classy handcrafted gift. Beaded items and stationery sets are also great, easy-to-do crafts that would also make good gifts.
* Home Decor Crafts – Decorating your home can be very expensive, especially if your specific taste is hard to find. Instead of paying someone else to create the look that you want, why not find simple crafts that allow you to create the look you love by yourself. Simple picture frames, place mats and hand sewn drapes with easy straight lines, which don’t require you to be a seamstress, will not only potentially save you thousands of dollars when you make them yourself, but you also get the exact look that you want.
Leave a Reply