Tie dye projects are a fantastic craft activity for anyone, from young children to teenagers to adults. Tie dye projects can be infinitely varied—no tie dye project that you make will ever be the same as any other tie dye project, no matter how hard you try! And you can tie dye anything, from socks to shirts to skirts to pillow cases to bed spreads to more. There are numerous places where you can find tie dye projects, from your local craft store to any number of places online.
Where to find tie dye projects
1. Your local craft store or fabric store
One of the absolute best places for you to find tie dye projects is at your local craft store or your local fabric store. They are all bound to carry a number of different tie dye projects for any possible craft project that you want to do. These tie dye projects and tie dye craft kits range through all different prices and all different types of projects. You can pick and choose whichever tie dye projects are best for your personal tastes or will be best for your kids.
2. Look for tie dye projects online
There are an almost endless number of websites online where you can find tie dye projects. Here are some of the best online sites for tie dye projects for people of any age or of any taste or of any skill level or budget allowance.
1. Dharma Trading. This site will give you everything that you need to know about tie-dye; how to do tie-dye, how to start out your tie-dye, ideas for different tie-dye projects, various projects for tie-dye, materials that you need for tie-dye, and examples of all of the different tie-dye projects that you can do and all of the fun that you can have. You can also find group tie-dye projects on this site.
2. Making Friends. This site has tons of different projects for kids, done in the traditional method of tie-dying. Easy to do and lots of fun for kids.
3. Family Crafts/About.com. This about.com website has a lot of different projects for tie dye for kids and for anybody else. You can find instructions for different types of tie-dye techniques, lists of what you need in order to successfully complete a tie-dye project, and lots of different easy projects that are perfect for both individuals and families to try whenever they want to create great tie-dye projects.
4. Artists Helping Children is a great site that will help you avoid any of the typical disappointments and mistakes that often come about when people try out tie dying techniques. This web site offers a number of great projects for tie dying fun.
5. Tie Dying Procedure at Stanford. This Stanford website has a number of great tips to help you avoid any possible problems or mistakes with your tie dying projects.
6. All About Hand Dyeing offers a number of different tie dying techniques and projects, along with a number of other different types of dyeing projects, such as batik dyeing projects and more.
7. Craft Bits
8. Kids Turn Central has collected a number of different tie dye projects for kids, ranging from the most simple of tie dye projects to more complex tie dye projects.