What You’ll Need:
- 3 inch terracotta clay pot
- 3 inch terracotta clay saucer
- Small wooden spool
- Fun foam
- Clear acrylic sealer spray
- Hot glue gun
Instructions for the Project:
- First thing that you are going to need to do is to wipe down your terracotta pot and saucer with a damp cloth and then let it dry completely.
- Now you need to paint both the terracotta pot and saucer red.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- The next thing that you need to do is to paint a face on your clay pot. You can also use wiggly eyes instead of drawing in your eyes. Simply hot glue the eyes to the pot.
- Now you need to take the wooden spool and paint it green.
- Now you need to allow the face and spool to dry completely.
- Once the paint is dry you need to spray it with the clear acrylic sealer and let that set.
- Now you need to flip the saucer upside down and place it as a lid on top of the terracotta pot.
- Next using the hot glue gun you are going to glue the wooden spool to the bottom, which would know be the top, of the saucer.
- Next cut out a leaf shape from the fun foam and glue it to the wooden spool, this creates your stem and leaf for the apple.
- Allow everything to dry and you are done.