What You’ll Need:
- Wax paper
- Crayon sharpener
- Construction paper—red and green
Instructions for the Project:
- First you need to take a piece of colored construction paper and fold it in half, which color you prefer is the color you can use.
- Next draw an apple pattern with a stem onto the paper. IF you are going to draw half of the pattern then be sure to use two pieces of construction paper because you want to have two identical apple shapes for this project.
- Next cut out the center of the apple making sure that you leave about Â¾ inch of a border around the outside. This border is going to be used to frame your apple
- Next you want to take a piece of wax paper and fold it in half.
- Now take the apple pattern that you already have and draw an apple shape on the wax paper that is about Â½ inch larger than the apple shape pattern all the way around
- Take the wax paper apple shapes apart so that you now have two identical patterns.
- Now use the crayon sharpener to grind up some crayons, basically you are going to be making crayon shavings, you can use numerous colors, all one color or a combination of one or two colors, which ever you prefer.
- Next sprinkle the crayon shavings onto one of the wax paper apple patterns.
- Place the crayon shavings and wax paper apple onto a towel
- Cover the crayon shavings with the other sheet of wax paper apple so that the two apples match up
- Iron over the wax paper until the crayons melt
- Take the apple frame and attach one half to each side of the wax paper apple you created so the frame pieces match up
- Then punch a hole in the top of the apple and place a piece of string or ribbon in the hole so you can hang your apple some place special.
Leave a Reply