What You’ll Need:
- 1.5 cups ground cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- ¼ cup white school glue
Instructions for the Project:
- Mix the cinnamon, applesauce and glue together in a medium sized mixing bowl. The dough should be about as thick as cookie dough, if the dough is too thick you can add a little bit of water, a teaspoon or so, at a time until the dough is the right texture.
- Now take the dough out of the mixing bowl and knead the dough.
- Place the dough back in to the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough sit for at least half an hour
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead again to make sure the dough is smooth.
- Roll the dough between waxed paper until it is about Â¼ inch to 1/8 inch thick, the thicker ornaments keep the shape better and dry better.
- Cut out desired shapes, cookie cutters are a great tool to use to cut out the shapes you want.
- Use a straw to punch out a hole for you to use to hang a ribbon. Simply push the straw into the dough and remove the straw, the dough will come out with the straw.
- Place the shapes on a non-stick cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet into a low oven to dry, make sure you turn them often.
- Set your oven for 200-225 degrees and turn the shapes every half hour to prevent them from burning. Simply do this until the dough is dry
- Now you can decorate the ornaments with glue and glitter or you can simply attach a piece of yarn and hang.
Leave a Reply