Mother’s Day crafts are an excellent activity for a preschooler. They can create a lovely craft to use as a Mother’s Day gift, and it is sure to be something their mother will cherish. When making crafts with preschool age kids, it is a good idea to keep them at an appropriate age level and difficulty level. Anything that needs gluing, etc. should be done with adult supervision.
Flower Pots:One really fun craft for any preschooler is a craft that involves creative expression. Give each preschooler a terra cotta flower pot, and some finger paints, ribbon, buttons, etc. and let them decorate a lovely little flowerpot for their mom. They can write a note on it, create a picture, or just make it more artistic and pretty. Flower pots come in a number of sizes, so choose the size based on the time you want to spend decorating these personalized flower pots. Once the pots have been decorate, and have had a chance to dry, you can extend the activity by helping the preschoolers to plant a beautiful flower in their pot for their mom. Their mom is sure to enjoy looking at this thoughtful creation. If you do not want to plant real flowers, consider filling the pot with glass stones, and then using the craft below to fill the pot with home made, beautiful, and sentimental flowers that mom is sure to enjoy.
Flower Photo Bouquet:For this craft you will need construction or craft paper, a photosafe glue stick, popsicle sticks, a stencil or cookie cutter of a large flower, and photos of each preschooler. What you are going to do is the following:
1. Trace the stencil or cookie cutter (or use clip art to print off flower shapes), make two copies.
2. Cut around the edges to make your flowers. Punch or cut out the center (have adult help with this part) of one flower.
3. Take the picture of each preschooler and crop it to size, so that you can place it behind the flower, and head of the person in the picture will act as the flower center. Glue in place.
4. Take your second flower of the same size and shape, but without a punch out of the center. Glue a popsicle stick onto it, so that the popsicle stick acts like a stem.
5. Glue the flower with the picture in it over top of the other flower, with the popsicle stick between.
6. Let dry.You can create a whole bouquet of these flower photos and you can even put them in a cute little pot to make a whole garden of pictures for mom. Have the preschooler pick photographs that they like of themselves to use in the flower centers.There are a number of Mother’s Day craft options, choose something that your preschoolers will enjoy making, and that make great gifts for Mother’s Day.
Leave a Reply