Another fun springtime craft is to make a tulip cup. Since flowers are often associated with springtime, this is a great way to bring the colors of the outdoor world into your home.
What You’ll Need:
- Construction paper
- Crayons or Markers
- Styrofoam cup
- Craft stick or pencil
Instructions for the Project:
- Use crayons or markers to color the Styrofoam cup. This will be the tulip’s pot. If you are using a craft stick, color it green. This will be the tulip’s stem.
- Cut a slit or hole in the bottom of the Styrofoam cup large enough to slide the stem through.
- Draw and cut out a tulip shape from construction paper. Make sure the tulip is small enough to fit completely inside the Styrofoam cup.
- Glue the tulip to the top of its stem.
- Slide the bottom of the stem through the hole in the cup from the inside and out through the bottom. Your tulip is now hiding inside its pot, waiting to grow.
- To make your tulip grow: Hold the cup with one hand and use the other hand to slowly slide the stem up, making your tulip bloom.
- To display the flower, turn the cup upside down and slide the stem back down through the hole.
As you may be aware springtime is a wonderful time to break out the Easter eggs, Easter bunny and pastel colors. Let your imagination run wild and come up with some fun springtime crafts.