Teens are great fun and have their own ideas when it comes to scrapbooking the photos they have of themselves. When teen’s scrapbook they have their own great ideas but sometimes they need new layout ideas for scrapbooking. Great layout ideas for scrapbooking will include using what teens have collected from events, games and activities. Great layout ideas for scrapbooking with teens will also include using your imagination.
1. When teens have been to an event, game or activity and they come home with some memorabilia that can go into a scrapbook, use it. The memorabilia may include programs, tickets, flyers, maps, etc. If you can, use the program for a background for the page layout. You can make the ticket into a tag as if it were an invitation to the game, movie or date. If the memorabilia is not paper and will stick out a little bit, use it to add dimension to the page. Sometimes it’s possible to have a memorabilia piece frame a photo.
2. When you have something that may need to be taken from a page to look at and reminisce about, make a pocket. These pockets are best put at the bottom of a scrapbook page layout. Great layout ideas for scrapbooking this way with teens is to have the photos framed or mounted on some fun complimentary paper. Then you get some plain paper that goes well with the coloring and make the pocket. This way what goes into the pocket will clearly be seen. This is great for small pieces of dried flowers from a first date, even if they won’t be taken out.
3. Another great layout idea for scrapbooking with teens is to use paper to make special days seem to jump off the page. For example when a teen has graduated, roll up little pieces of paper and tie a piece of twine or something around the roll of paper. When this is done you can put the diplomas all over the page, around the photos or along the edges. This can also be done for sports, make some small balls, bats, hoops etc and put them around pictures or along edges. This will add dimension to the layout.
4. Nearly every teen goes to a dance in their life. Great layout ideas for scrapbooking with teens and their dances are don’t stick to the pretty photos taken at the dance. Try to get some preparation photos, some photos of the anticipation of the evening. Get some photos of siblings or friends teasing the teen going to the dance. When you have all the pictures, line them up in a chronological order and make sure to write what was going on at the time. Use pens or stickers to link all photos together as if in a time line. You could end with the pretty dance photo, or you can get a “came home tired and happy” photo after the dance to end with.
5. Most teens will have a plethora of pictures of their friends. Great layout ideas for scrapbooking with teens who have these photos is make a collage. Get a nice and not too busy background paper, then put all the friends all over the page. The layout will need some kind of dimension, so to get this use a pen to out line the photos. Make more than one outline around the photos. If you can don’t let the outline go around just one photo, include two or three. Have some fun and use different colors and make the lines wavy or curled.
When you are scrapbooking with teens, it’s fun to get new ideas for great layouts. Try to use more than photos to make the page layout memorable. Then use some paper to add height and some fun diversity to the activity that was attended. Make the dance page great with a time line layout. And don’t forget the enjoyment of an all over the page collage of friends.