If you’ve experienced the lapbook craze lately you probably have already tried your hand at making one and loved it. Lapbooks have become very popular with parents who home school their children, but also with formal educators in the public and private school systems. If you’re looking for ideas for your lapbooks, the Internet has just about everything you will need right in the comfort of your very own home. There are thousands of websites you can go to and find lapbook ideas. But with all of those websites how do you weed out the “junk” without spending hours looking through searches? Here are some of the best lapbook websites to go to if you need some creative ideas.
1. Squidoo This website has just about everything you need to get started on your lapbook. It shows you how to plan a lapbook, gives some great samples of other lapbooks along with a great video with some fun ideas, and gives you some great ideas on making mini books to help you get started in lapbooking.
2. CindyRushton Here is yet another great web site that walks you through just about everything you need or want to learn about lapbooks. She goes through and starts out with explaining what a lapbook is for those who don’t already know, provides some links to go to if you want to see lapbooks that have already been made, shows you how to plan a lapbook, gives you tons of themes you could use for a lapbook and tons more. She also provides you with a link that will give you some additional resources on making lapbooks and where you can go to find more ideas. This web site is a one stop shop for many web surfers looking for information on lapbooks.
3. Tobin’s Lab This is a great site especially for home schoolers. It has step by step instructions and some really great samples of lapbooks on this site. This site also offers some other great lapbook resources when you purchase their Ultimate Lapbook Handbook. They offer a CD with 104 lapbook ideas, a DVD and some hints and how-tos for parents who have chosen to home school their children.
4. Hands of a Child This is basically where it all started with lapbooks. You can read all about them when you navigate through this web site and learn about how to really home school your child. They offer lapbook project packs in eBook format, templates, graphics, project kit packs, and if you really like this site you can become a member and get even more out of your membership and your lapbook craze.
5. Homeschool Launch This site will give you some good instruction on how to make some simple mini books to go along with your lapbooks. If you’ve never made a lapbook before then the easiest way to start is by trying your hand at mini books. Mini books can be used in the lapbooks and are a great starting point for lapbooks. This site has simple and easy to follow instructions on making some different types of mini books.
Naturally, these are not even close to all of the sites that you can find online for lapbooking ideas, but they are some of the best lapbook web sites for ideas. There are thousands of web sites available; finding the one that meets your needs is the secret to making great lapbooks.
Leave a Reply