If you’re trying to figure how you can start making these great lapbooks you’ve heard of then you’re in luck. There are several different ways you can make them and several different types of lapbooks to make and choose from. Learning how to make mini books for lapbooking is just one of the ways you can start your way to making a true lapbook. Mini books are often used as part of lapbooks and with many different types, you can make your lapbook everything you want it to be. This article will give you some help on making a few different mini books in order to get started with the lapbook craze.
1. Four page flip up book. The four page flip up book is an easy mini book you can make with a young child, or an older child can make easily on their own. With a few simple directions you can fit some valuable information on any topic into this little book. All you need is some different colors of paper, and if you don’t have that even white paper will work just fine. Here’s how to make this fun book:
• Place two sheets of paper on top of each other. Position the two pieces of paper so that about one inch of the bottom sheet is showing. Fold the two sheets of paper together and you will have a four page flip book with about a one inch edge. You can make the books with almost any size paper you choose making any size book you want. Place some glue along the folded edges so that the book will stay together and there you have your first mini book.
2. The Matchbook. The matchbook is yet another mini book that you can make. It too can be made any size you choose and from really any kind of paper you have lying around the house. Here’s how to make this book:
• If you want to make a large book all you have to do is fold the top of the paper down leaving about two inches of the bottom of the paper’s edge showing. Fold the lower section remaining up over the top folded part. If you want to make a smaller book then just cut your paper to the size that you want it to be. You should have three different sections after you are done folding that your child can use for their book.
3. The Shutter book. This is another easy type of mini book. That will give you four different sections to place your pictures, games, or information about any topic of your choice.
• Simply fold a piece of paper in half and then open it up to its original size again. Fold each piece to the center line and crease the paper. This will give you the four sections.
4. The Four Triangle Book. This is a very cool mini book to make and kids love the idea that it doesn’t really look like a book but they can still use it as one.
• You will need to start with a piece of paper that is cut into a square shape. Fold the four quarters into the center of the paper and then unfold them. This will give you the four triangle mini book that doesn’t look like a book at all, but looks very cool once you have it in your lapbook.
Here are just a few of the simplest ways how to make mini books for lapbooking. There are several other mini book ideas that you can find and use for your own lapbook.