When kids begin elementary school, there are many things they must learn that they will use for the rest of their schooling and lives in general. For that reason, it is important that they learn and understand a wide range of concepts.
One way you can help your elementary school kids reinforce what they are learning is through file folder games. File folder games are an inexpensive craft you or your kids can make with materials you will probably already have around the house, including manila file folders, crayons or markers, scissors and tape, contact paper, and Ziploc bags.
File folder games are good for elementary school kids who are learning the following concepts:
Â§ Math. Addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication facts can all be reinforced through a wide range of fun file folder games.
Â§ Verbs and nouns. Kids who are learning the difference between verbs, nouns, and other forms of sentences and words can do so through file folder games.
Â§ Contractions. File folder games can also help to explain the concept of contractions by matching up two words and then identifying their contractions.
Â§ History. For kids who are learning important dates and events in history, file folder games are a fun way to help them remember them.
These are just a few of the things kids who are in elementary school can learn from file folder games. Making the file folders games is also a fun activity for kids as well.
If you need some ideas or want to download and then print off file folder games for elementary school kids, the following are some of the best sites:
• Teacher Tools: This is a site that mainly has educational games, making it a good choice for teachers as well as parents. If you don’t like any of the games on this site, it also has links to printable file folder games for kids of all ages on other similar sites
• My File Folder Games: This is a great site for kids who are in elementary school. Subjects of the file folder games found on this site include things such as place value, telling time, leaning the difference between nouns and verbs, and more. You can purchase them for a small fee, then download and print them off.
• Elementary School Tools: This site has ideas for kids in elementary school who are learning vowels, reading, and other concepts. It also has links to various sites that have elementary school file folder games as well.
• A to Z Teacher Stuff: This site has free downloads for file folder games for elementary school students and teaches such things as word families as well as foreign language comprehension.
• Tripod: This site is geared towards those who home school their children and has great ideas for file folder games for science, language arts, math, and more for kids in elementary school.
To find file folder games for elementary school children, you can look online or through various craft books. They are also simple to make and design yourself, if you are a creative person or if you don’t have access to a printer to download and print off file folder games.
File folder games aren’t just for young children â€“ elementary school kids of all ages can learn subjects thoroughly and in a fun way through file folder games. The above are just a few resources for elementary school file folder games.