Making bible book crafts has become an extremely popular thing to do. You have probably seen them walking through the mall, online, or in a local craft store. They’re all over the place. What you may not know is that you can make your own bible book out of any type of fabric and specialize it to meet your child’s needs. If you’re wondering what you need and how to make your own bible book craft story book then let’s get started.
What you will need
• Naturally, the first thing you will want to consider the type of fabric you want to use or that your child would like. Many of the fabric books and additional pieces today are done in a felt material so that additional pieces will stick to the pages and the child can create their own imaginary world and not have to worry about pieces falling all over the place. You can choose to use a felt type material if you want, but it is not necessary in making your own bible story book. The best way to choose material for your fabric book is to stick with solid colors, or maybe use two colors at the most. The felt story books you see in stores are quite extravagant and have professionals making them. If you stick to solid colors you can add other elements to your book to use with the blank pages. Go to your local fabric or craft store to find some fabrics at reasonable prices. You can also find fabric at Wal Mart and sometimes they are much cheaper than other places.
• Once you have found the fabric(s) you need then you will want to find some other fabric scraps to use as the additional pieces to your book. For example, if you’re making a Noah’s Ark bible book then you will definitely want to make some extra pieces with animals, the ark, and the people that are included in the story. You can usually find some free clip art for bible stories online that you can transfer into “iron-on” pieces. Simply iron them onto your fabric scraps so that your child will have some pieces to use with their book. If you’re using a felt type material then you won’t need to put velcro or anything on the back of the pieces. If you don’t use felt then you will want to buy some velcro to use on the extra pieces and inside the book so that the pieces stick.
What to do
• Depending on how big you want your book to be will depend on how many pages you cut out. You don’t have to do the story word for word so you can feel free to choose the number of pages you want. Less pages for young children makes it simple and easy to navigate through, but older children may want more.
• Putting your book together can be done several ways also. You can either cut the number of pieces you want for you book and then sew a seam right down the edge of the material. Or you can fold the material in half and make your book like that. Even if you fold the material however, you will still need to sew down the edge of the book to keep it from coming apart.
• Once you have either cut or folded your material and sewn a seam down the edge you can then start cutting and creating your additional pieces. Of course your additional pieces will depend on the story you choose, and you can create as many or as little as you want.
Bible book crafts can come in really handy for teaching children, providing them with something to do while waiting in line, or simply just something fun for them. Children love to use their imagination and bible books are a great way to do that.