With Easter right around the corner, it’s a good time to begin thinking about decorations for spring and Easter. There are many fun and easy crafts you can make to go with your Easter decor. If you enjoy crafting, there are many Easter and spring-themed crafts you can do that will exercise your creativity while proving fun and easy at the same time.
The following are some fun and easy Easter craft ideas for all ages:
Easy Sponge Painted Eggs
Painting and dying Easter eggs is a tradition that has been around for years. These sponge painted eggs are easy and fun to do. They also add a different, unique look to the traditional dyed eggs.
- Hard boiled eggs
- Acrylic craft paints in the colors of your choice
- Household sponge
- Paper towel
- Small bowl of water
- Egg holder or empty egg carton
- Cut the sponge into smaller pieces so it’s easier to handle as you work with the eggs.
- Soak the sponge pieces in water, ringing them out completely. Make sure you have enough sponges for each color you are using.
- Prepare the paint. Using a paper plate as a palette, squeeze out small amounts of your desired paint colors onto the plate.
- Turn an empty egg carton upside down so you can place your eggs on it to dry once they have been painted.
- Holding the egg carefully, dab a sponge into desired paint color.
- Dab the sponge onto a piece of paper towel to remove excess paint.
- Dab the sponge directly onto the egg in a random pattern. You can use different colors if you wish.
- Repeat steps four to six for each egg.
- If you like the look of a colored background with white sponge marks, paint the egg a solid color with either a paint brush or one of the sponges. When the paint has dried, use a sponge with white paint to make a pattern.
- Decorate one side at a time to minimize smearing. When one side is dry, then finish the other side.
- Display your eggs in an Easter basket filled with Easter grass.
Easter Bunny Pin
This little Easter bunny pin is easy to make and a fun, cute gift for kids to give to friends.
- 1 large wooden circle, like Woodsies
- 2 medium teardrop wooden cutouts
- 2 small teardrop wooden cutouts
- 1 small pink pom pom
- 2 craft eyes
- Tacky glue
- White and pink craft paint
- Red thin line paint markers or permanent marker
- Jewelry pin back
- Paint the round cutouts as well as the 2 medium teardrop cutouts white.
- Paint the 2 small teardrop cutouts pink.
- Let the pieces dry completely.
- Glue the white teardrop cutouts to the back of the round one. These will be the ears.
- Glue the pink teardrop cutouts onto the white ones to complete the ears
- Glue the eyes and pom pom nose on the round cutout as
- Using the marker, draw on the eyebrows and mouth.
- Let glue dry.
- Glue the jewelry pin back to the back of the round cutout.
These are just two of the many easy crafts that will help you to have fun and be creative at Easter time.